Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Who is raising whom?

I have looked through the pictures on my phone and I'm blown away by how fast this little girl is growing. In fact, I will show you.
                                                            Newborn

                                                            1 month

                                                          2 months
                                                          3 months
                                                           4 months                                                         

                                                               5 months
I seriously cannot believe the changes and how blessed we are.

I remember being in the hospital and feeling completely overwhelmed by this little girl. For some reason the idea of my choices altering and impacting this little girls future terrified me. I kept thinking how am I going to do it. I'm going to come back to this thought.
In our Sunday school class the instructor was talking about the blessing of children in our homes. We were discussing when you should have children and how soon after marriage you should wait. We all concluded that it is a couples decision and the Lord will tell you when. In the midst of this discussion a very profound statement was said that is ingrained in my heart. The instructor had said that "adults do not produce children, but children produce adults". I testify to all of you how true that statement is.
This beautiful eyed little girl has taught me and raised me to be a more mature, patient, and loving individual ever since she was born. I also see the impact and the visible love my husband has for her. Including the positive changes he has made in his life for her.
I am no longer afraid of not being a good enough parent. Afton is raising me to be the mom she needs me to be. I am so grateful for life lesson from a cute little stinker. I look forward to the many more she will bring to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment