Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Afton's Baby blessing

We blessed Afton on January, 27th. Yes, it has been too long and am in need for a blog update. She was 2 months old, and cute as a button. We were able to have Cameron's parents and three sisters attend the blessing, not to mention some of the cousins that live up here and some friend. On my side, my brother drove from Texas to make it to her blessing, my parents, aunts and uncles, and cousins, were all there.
 Getting Afton ready and she was moving and squirming! We were able to wear the dress that Afton's Great Grandma Mabel Palmer made, (Cameron's grandma). Here dresses are amazing, but very special since Grandma Palmer's hand have arthritis in them, and she wont be able to crochet much longer. It truly is a very special gift from a very talented woman.

One of my greater fears when blessing a child is having them scream the entire time the blessing is taking place. Thankfully, she was nothing but calm and happy. Cam gave a great blessing, some of the things that she was blessed with are being blessed with a loving family and resources to flourish, blessed with a healthy, strong body to endure trails and adversity; blessed to have a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and faith to follow Him. The ability to learn, grow and understand the principles of the gospel. Apply all that she has learned in the temple with a man she has chosen to take her there.To captivate the beauty of that moment as a whole, you just had to of been there. I thank my cousin Karen for taking such great notes.Not to mention there was a special spirit in the room,  I strongly believe my brother Enrique was all there watching his niece being blessed.


Following the blessing, we were able to have a meal at my parents house with all those that wanted to join. We are so grateful for how special that ways, and felt extremely blessed. There were many friends and family  that were not able to make, but there presence was felt. Our hearts were touched, for it truly was a very special day.

Truth  be told, Cameron is impossible to take pictures with, so as a proud mama I was able to get one with my princess. I never thought I would fall in love with being a mom, but having Afton in my life has truly been a blessing. She makes me want to be an even better person than I was or am for her. With moments like her blessing, I realize how special of a daughter of God she is, and how important it is for her to grow up in a home that will teach her Gospel truths. We are in a married, young couple Sunday school class and our previous bishop phrased it best when he said, "Adults do not produce children, children produce adults." That is how I truly feel, she was sent to our home for Cam and I to grow to become the adults that we need to be, for her and for our own eternal progression. We are forever touch and humbled by this little girl and our world will never be the same again, it will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment