Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Blessed Beyond Measure

It is so easy for me to write about crafts or things that I see, but it is so hard for me to really express my feelings or share intimate details about our lives. I'm sure I'm not the only person that goes through these emotions as well.

Lately, I have been feeling very inadequate. I know I have many flaws and imperfections. I've made mistakes, said things that I shouldn't have, and hurt people that I care about. I'm not always the best example of being a Christian either. However, I do try to be a good person, wife, and mother, but tend to fall short. I feel so undeserving of the blessings all around me. To top it off, I still find that the Lord knows me by name and finds ways to tell me I am worth all the pruning, that He sees this jewel inside me that He is polishing me till I'm perfect.

I really don't know how I was blessed with such a loving daughter, and an amazing man as my husband. My little girl really teaches me so much, and I feel like she is working on me to be the best mom I can be.
 6 months
 7 months
 8 months
9 months
The other day we were at the park, she seems to be a very friendly baby and always has new friends. Sometimes I think that maybe I shouldn't let my baby shouldn't play with certain kids, because they might be a little rough with her. She teaches me to be more patient and kind. She looks at every kid with loving eyes and sees their worth. She give them a genuine smile and is so excited to play. When they are a little rough with her and they push her over, she gets sad but forgives quickly and is ready to play again. She still has that same love in her eyes as the first time she sees them. I just see how angelic she is, and how sweet and kind she is.. How did I get such a sweet girl in my life? I truly hope that she will be an even better person than her mom, but I have come to the realization that these moments need to be documented or they will be forgotten. Also, I NEED to learn these lesson myself and HAVE to live by her example. Once day, she will be old enough to remember everything her mother does, and when that time comes I will need to be ready to lead her as she is leading me. 

How can I not see how blessed I am? For this very reason I can honestly say that I am blessed beyond measure. Thank goodness for Blake Shelton's song for he helped me phrase this the best.... I know that God gave me you (Cameron and Afton) for all the ups and downs. God gave me you for the days of doubt, and for when I think I've lost my way. There are no words here left to say, It's true, God gave me you.

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful. Children do teach us so much! Your sweet daughter truly is angelic and Heavenly Father blessed her with an amazing mom.

    ReplyDelete