Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Saddle sore

Last weekend I (Liz) was able to go to Blanding to see my hubby. It is always a treat to see him, and truly I am happier around him. Not to mention, it was soo good to see the kids. I miss family dearly- since we spent the first 9 of our marriage living across the street from them. It has been really hard on me to not know what the girls are doing and go to their basketball, volleyball, and softball games. I do want to support them and be involved in their lives and moving away has made me feel so separated from them. However, I will say that all the support I have given and the constant efforts on my part have finally paid off with a sister of mine.

She's always been a more reserved person and doesn't aim to be the center of attention; which is odd for an late teen. I've tried to be involved in her life, but it seem the more I tried the more I pushed her away. On Saturday, she came down stairs to show me her new clothes and I even received texts and calls from her. I think moving away has actually helped our relationship grow, which is exactly what I've always wanted. At first I had no idea what i was doing wrong and why I didn't have a solid relationship with her, but now I realize that all we needed was time.

In my eyes Saturday was a very successful day. Not to mention, that my hubby took me on a horse ride. We were able to use the horse that are one the family field that belong to Uncle Tom. Needless to say, it was fun to ride along side with my hubby, even though all I did was walk the horse. (For those that know me and grew up with me, know that I'm not a super outdoorsy person. This is all new to me since I met my hubby.) Two hours out in the hills riding had me a little saddle sore.

The evening settled down with dinner with friends and family at Patio, and a watching the movie The Warrior with Chaze and his girly. This weekend was all about me and I enjoyed the time with my husband and getting to snuggle him at night. Life is short and I'm enjoying the time with my hubby!

2 comments:

  1. Ellie I'm so happy ur happy that's awesome and I love seeing pix of u in the outdoors w horses and hunting and stuff..totally not what I'm use too seeing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? Just wait, I will find my cord for our camera and start loading pictures of our past adventures.

    ReplyDelete